Monday, October 13, 2014

The Valley of Lauterbrunnen

In the last ten years I have traveled quite a bit around Europe especially in the last two years while working for a holiday company. There is not one place that I regret visiting and no place that I would say is not worth at least one visit to experience it, but there are a couple that I love to visit time and time again. They just never get old.

One of these places is the majestic valley of Lauterbrunnen, in Switzerland. This valley inspired people like Goethe, Lord Byron and Tolkien so it's no wonder that it captures the hearts and imaginations of all who visit it. I recently went back to the valley with its 72 waterfalls and snow capped mountains for a holiday and had the chance to get a couple photos. Hope you enjoy!

Great things are done when men and mountains meet. - William Blake 












No comments:

Post a Comment